The Plex streaming platform warns that a “third-party” accessed user data, including email addresses and encrypted passwords. In an email sent on August 23rd, Plex states that all users should reset their password—this process should take you less than a minute, but it could save you a ton of heartache in the future.
Neither of the above options worked for my account—it seems that some users are encountering problems due to server traffic. So, here’s how to reset your Plex password the “hard” way:
- Before following these steps, try visiting Plex’s password reset page.
- If that doesn’t work, open plex.tv or app.plex.tv in your browser.
- Log in and click your user icon in the top right corner of Plex.
- Select “Account Settings.”
- Scroll down to “Password,” input a new password and confirm.
I also suggest activating two-factor authentication. It’s the option under “Password” in Plex’s “Account Settings.” And…
Read Full Article Source