Rating: 9/10 ?
- 1 – Does not work
- 2 – Barely functional
- 3 – Severely lacking in most areas
- 4 – Functions, but has numerous issues
- 5 – Fine yet leaves a lot to be desired
- 6 – Good enough to buy on sale
- 7 – Great and worth purchasing
- 8 – Fantastic, approaching best-in-class
- 9 – Best-in-class
- 10 – Borderline perfection
Kris Wouk / How-To Geek
When it comes to noise-canceling headphones, the general narrative has been that Sony took the lead from Bose years ago, and has stayed ahead since. With that in mind, the company could have played it safe with the Sony WH-1000XM5 headphones. Sony could have done that, yes, but it didn’t.
Instead of adding a few touches here and there, as it has with the past few iterations of its flagship noise-canceling headphones, Sony went with a radical redesign. The WH-1000XM5 not only have a new look and feel, but they even replaced the drivers with newer, smaller drivers. That’s not all, as Sony also raised the price by $50.
Was this a mistake? Or, was Sony so confident in…
Read Full Article Source