Rating: 7/10 ?
- 1 – Absolute Hot Garbage
- 2 – Sorta Lukewarm Garbage
- 3 – Strongly Flawed Design
- 4 – Some Pros, Lots Of Cons
- 5 – Acceptably Imperfect
- 6 – Good Enough to Buy On Sale
- 7 – Great, But Not Best-In-Class
- 8 – Fantastic, with Some Footnotes
- 9 – Shut Up And Take My Money
- 10 – Absolute Design Nirvana
Andrew Heinzman / Review Geek
Neat Microphones’ affordable King Bee II has garnered a massive following from both amateur and professional audio nerds. But after testing the microphone for a few months, I have complicated feelings. The King Bee II sounds awesome, but its weight and design make it a bad choice for some customers.
Note that the King Bee II is a “studio microphone” with an XLR input. It requires phantom power, and it doesn’t have a USB port. You can’t connect the King Bee II to your computer without an audio interface.
Here’s What We Like
- Nice audio for the price, very “flat” or “natural” sounding
- Comes with a shock mount and proprietary pop filter
- It’s one of…
Read Full Article Source