Joe Fedewa / How-To Geek
As great as smartwatches are, there’s one big thing you have to consider—which smartphones they’re compatible with. The Apple Watch works with the iPhone, of course, but what about Samsung Galaxy Watches? Is that an option?
Historically, the Apple Watch has been locked to the iPhone, while some other smartwatches have included support for both the iPhone and Android platforms. Samsung has released Galaxy Watch models on both sides of that isle. Let’s take a look.
Samsung Galaxy Watches Compatible With iPhone
Most Samsung Galaxy watches that run Tizen OS are compatible with the iPhone through Bluetooth and the Galaxy Watch companion app. Unfortunately, a handful of those watches are no longer being supported by Samsung. Here’s a list of models that can be paired with an iPhone:
- Samsung Gear S2 (Unsupported)
- Samsung Gear S3 (Unsupported)
- Samsung Gear Sport (Unsupported)
- Samsung Galaxy Watch (Unsupported)
- Samsung Galaxy Watch Active (Unsupported)
- Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 (Supported through September 2022)
- Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 (Supported through August 2023)
If you’re looking for a Samsung Watch that works with an iPhone, your best option…
Read Full Article Source